Pages

December 30, 2010

Project 365 - Day Thirty-Six

Today's photo is brought to you by boredom. I'm having an at home today so I am left to my own devices. Cut the water and food coloring! It's kind of amazing that something beautiful can be made out of a martini glass and a little imagination.

Image taken 30 December 2010

This idea was inspired by one of my Flickr contacts Fear_Through_The_Eyes. I discovered that it's really hard to get a completely accurate focus on the food coloring. You see to get that ribbon-y look you have to focus on clear water, set a self-timer, and drop the coloring just before the shutter goes off. Or at least that's the only way I can think of doing it (I'm yet to get myself a remote). As a result the focus is a little off. But still I think it looks pretty cool. Here's another one I took using different colors.


Until tomorrow I have you have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment