Pages

December 12, 2010

Project 365 - Day Sixteen

Do you ever feel like there's different parts of you... that sometimes even contradict each other? Well you see I am a city/country kind of girl. When I was growing up in a smallish town I used to think I was such a city chick. I longed to be in amongst the hustle bustle of the city. But when I moved to the city after the shiny newness had warn off I found myself wanting to be in the country.

I am drawn to the open spaces of the country with the promise of fresh air and freedom. In the country nature surrounds you and (to me at least) life seems simpler. But I like the ease of the city - having many shops, doctors and whatever certainly makes my life run more smoothly. Constantly drawn in two different directions...

So in order to satisfy my 'country cravings' I have taken to making day trips to wide open spaces. Here's day sixteen's photo taken on a recent day trip:

Image taken 10 December 2010

I think rusty barbed wire just scream 'country' don't you? Since I had trouble deciding which photo I liked from my journeying on day sixteen I thought I'd share my two favorites. Which do you like best?

I hope your weekend has been wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment