Pages

December 3, 2010

Quote of the Week

So I'm a little (okay a lot) behind on my Wednesday weekly post... I choose to blame it on my WiFi connection doing strange things... Such as dropping out unexpectedly when I'm in the middle of an email or uploading photos. But I will persist.

Without further ado I give you this week's quote from your friend and mine Oscar Wilde

'What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise' ~ Oscar Wilde

Sometimes I shift my focus to everything I see as 'wrong' in my life. I don't have this, I'm going through that, I can't believe that this is my life, nothing's going 'right'. In fact I get myself so caught up in this stinking thinking (as a person I know calls it) that I allow bitterness, complaint and sorrow to rule my life.

That's no way to live!! This quote reminds me to look at my life and acknowledge that sure some things in my life have been tough. And sure n-o-t-h-i-n-g in my life has gone according to plan. But I can look back on past trials and see the hidden sweetness in situations. It's hard to find sometimes and at times it's nearly impossible to locate. But trust me it's there.

Even in the darkest situations where you can't see any light there is simply one thing you must remember.

There is always HOPE.

Is there any particular quote that helps you out in tough times? I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment