Pages

December 21, 2010

It's Been A While... Music That Moves Me

I'm so sorry I took a little unplanned break there!! A week gap is not acceptable... But once you hear the reason all may be forgiven. All will be revealed in up-coming posts.

For now though I must get on top of my weekly postings. Last week's music of the week (can you follow that logic? Not sure if I can) is someone who I have talked about previously in my blog. But I simply had to mention him again because something WONDERFUL has happened!!!

City and Colour is coming to Australia and I have managed to score some tickets!!!! -- And the crowd in my head goes wild!! -- I am super excited!!! In fact I am so excited I seem to be going overboard with exclamation points!

I just adore City and Colour... It's my type of music. I have wanted to see him/them live for so long and it's really a dream come true that I'm going to be able to cross it off the life list.

Here's a song called 'Comin' Home':


For any alternative music fans out there 'City and Colour' is Dallas Green from Alexisonfire... Get it? City (Dallas) and Colour (Green). Isn't that the most fantastic band name?? It's witty and clever and appeals to my ideas of symmetry... Or at least that's what I think.

Take a look at 'Happiness By The Kilowatt':


Ahh... His voice, his sound, his melody, his thick guitar licks take me away to far off places. Where I can float, be free, and follow my dreams.

I can't wait to see him live. I think I could watch him play forever. The amount of times I have drifted off to a peaceful sleep on the dulcet tones of his voice... And all his video clips are amazing!! They are exactly how I like to imagine the world.

This is one of my all time favorite songs 'The Girl':


I'd love to meet him, to interview him, find out his views on the world, and take many pretty pictures... Maybe if I wish really hard he'll look down from the stage, see me, and be like 'now there's a girl I'd like to talk to'... Hey!! A girl's got to dream right!!??!!

Be sure to swing by his website and myspace if you like what you hear.

I'll be seeing you soon Dallas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment