Pages

December 9, 2010

Project 365 - Day Fifteen

When I was in Europe I brought myself something I've wanted for a long time. A quill and ink set!! I am besotted by the idea of writing amazing poetry with a quill and parchment (Shakespeare eat your heart out!). So we all know that that probably won't happen - not with a lovely netbook forever at my fingertips.

But I think it's a simply lovely item to have in my home as a reminder of things past. Plus it represents the history of Literature (something so very close to my heart). I like the small splash of black ink on the page to give it context.

Image taken 09 December 2010

I want to buy myself a wax seal and write letters sent via pony post sealed with my insignia... Aaahh!! Those were the good old days. Of course it could be that I've read 'The Scarlett Pimpernel' and watched 'Pride and Prejudice' a few too many times.

Until next time stay safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment