Pages

December 9, 2010

Quote of the Week

I am seriously in need of some more quotes!! But this week I'm going to share a quote from one of my favorite authors Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (did I tell you that I got to see where he lived while I was in Europe?). Now this guy seems to be slightly mentally unbalanced - if you don't believe me try reading 'Sorrows of Young Werther' (seriously one of my favorite books). But if nothing else he is at least interesting and attempts to look at life from a different point of view. Here are two of his more mainstream quotes:

'Be generous with kindly words, especially about those who are absent' ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

'Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words.'~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I especially like the first quote. It's so easy to turn into a gossip but this quote reminds me to only speak good things about a person because that's how I'd like to be treated. Isn't amazing that such truth can be spoken by another human being.

Can you suggest any quotes for me to add to my quote bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment