Pages

February 14, 2011

Project 365 - Day Eighty-Two

I am not a huge fan of Valentine's day. In fact I think it's a over-commercialized way of making single people feel bad about being single. As if I need reminding that I'm still single. I don't need it rubbed in my nose thank you very much... (I say all this knowing full well that if I am ever in a couple I'll probably be a big fan of the big V-day)

Anyway as I'm sitting here feeling a little touchy about being single the negative 'tack' begins. You know what I'm talking about? That relentless loop of negativity constantly running through my mind. I start to worry that I'm not good enough. Not beautiful enough. Not smart enough. Not 'normal' enough. Not wonderful enough. Simply just not enough to be worthy.

But then I remember:

Image taken 14 February 2011

It's true. I am enough! I may not be in a couple and I may be on the far side of weird. I may even be lost in my own world of creativity more often than not. But I am who I am and who I am is enough. I don't need to try so hard to be what I think I need to be. Who I am is enough. It's rather empowering to be able to claim that over my life. I can choose to stop the track of negativity on a constant loop in my brain by believing that I am simply enough just the way I am.

Until next time I hope you're having a great Valentine's Day be you single, in a couple, or anything else altogether.

1 comment:

  1. I very much like this one Tafline... more so the words that is. You are enough, enough in fact for One in particular to die for. The photo's nice too.

    ReplyDelete