Pages

February 11, 2011

Music That Moves Me

This week I have fallen in love with Foals (the band... although I am partial to cute little horses as well). I know, I know I'm a little (or very) late to the party but at least I am now on the band-wagon. I just l-o-v-e their sound. The lead singer's voice is simply mesmerizing. Just so beautiful. Best yet they're from one of my favorite places Oxford, England.

My favorite song at the moment is 'Blue Blood'. There is something so deep and emotional about it (at least to me). I find it fantastic to listen to when I'm suffering a bad case of writer's block. It just soothes me somehow... Anyway here's the official clip for the song:


Now I may be pretty bias but I think it's wonderful! The thing I love about it is it defies expectations. When you first hear the song (without seeing the video) you expect something totally different. Or at least I did. I love the idea of a little kid getting completely immersed in the music. He puts so much emotion into it! It's just beautiful.

There is just something about this song that I love. They are in Australia at this very minute and I would have loved to see them live... Unfortunately I missed out. Hopefully I'll get to see them next time if they come this way again. If you like what you hear be sure to stop by their myspace.

What about you? Are you a Foals fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment