July 22, 2011

Project 365 - Day Two Hundred And Thirty-Nine

I ran out of time to take the photo I had planned for day two hundred and thirty-nine due to various circumstances. But that doesn't matter - I can just save it up for another time. So it seemed like the perfect time to try out a technique I had read about ages ago -- trying to capture smoke tendrils.

Image taken 21 July 2011

It took ages to figure out how to make the smoke more visible! I tried natral light, indirect flash, direct flash, matte backgrounds, shiny backgrounds, neutral backgrounds and color backgrounds. This was the best one I could come up with. I'm planning to revisit this idea again to see if I can get an even better result. One think I wound change about this image is I would put the incense on a colored plate as you completely loose the smoke in the bright, white plate.

~ Thanks so much for reading! Come back soon!! Tafline

No comments:

Post a Comment