Pages

July 29, 2011

Project 365 - Day Two Hundred And Forty-Five

It has been a while since I have taken a self-portrait and on day two hundred and forty-five it seemed like the perfect time to restart the practice. So I got myself all dressed up and headed to the local park in search of some nice defused natural lighting.

Image taken 27 July 2011

I'm loving bright lipstick at the moment (well more accurately it's called lip stain). It's a bit of a departure from my normal make up routine because I'm always terrified of the whole lipstick on the teeth awkward moment thing. But anyway bright lipstick makes me feel kind of fierce and feminine (I want to say sexy but that sounds bad). I think I if I wore a tracksuit and bright lipstick I'd still feel feminine. It reminds me of 50s styling - an era I think is stunning.

Okay enough about make up and back to photography. This little shoot was a good lesson that I need to start trusting my instincts a little more. This was the first photo I took and I was really happy with it but I wasn't sure if it was right on the money so I preceded to take another 120-odd photos with slightly difference variations. But when I looked at them all back at home the first one was my total favorite. I've just got to trust myself a little more.

Do you ever struggle to trust yourself and your instincts?

~ Thank you so much for reading!! Come back soon. Tafline

No comments:

Post a Comment