Pages

January 26, 2011

Project 365 - Day Sixty-Two

It's Australia day in this corner of the world. (Can I just say I've never really understood that expression. The world doesn't have corners it's a sphere. It's a proven fact. Does this expression come from ancient times when they thought the world was flat?) I digress. So it's Australia day so in honor of the occasion yesterday I set out to snap something uniquely Australian. I was obviously getting into the spirit early.

In my wanderings in a local park I stumbled upon this bunch of gumnuts that fit the bill quite nicely.

Image taken 25 January 2011

Now I know that eucalyptus trees can be found in some other parts of the world. But they seem extremely Australian to me. One whiff of that pungent smell and I know I'm back home.

I would have liked to have gotten a deeper depth of field and to have focused on the gumnut just a little more but I had left my tripod at home. So this was the best I could get under the circumstances. All in all I think it turned out okay.

Whatever your day may hold, my dear friend, I hope you manage to see the beauty that surrounds you.

No comments:

Post a Comment