Pages

January 14, 2011

Project 365 - Day Forty-Eight

Brisbane is flooded. Queensland is flooded. Hearts are breaking and many, many people are left without homes, valuables, and loved ones. The rolling news coverage tells of the wide spread devastation that covers the vast majority of Queensland. It is so exceptionally sad and my heart goes out to all those who are suffering. To those who are enduring the loss of family and friends there are no words... You are in the thoughts of many.

As I sat gobsmacked watching the news coverage wondering if my friends, family and myself were safe I knew I needed to step away from the moment. To not let the panic that was rising to overcome me I knew I needed to step away for a single moment. So in a rare break in the rain I ran out into my yard to take a simple photo.

Image taken 11 January 2011

A silly photo that means so very little in the face of such tragedy. It was all I could do in that single moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment