Pages

August 24, 2011

Wish / Save List

Hello wonderful internet friends!! How are you today? I'm fantastic! I'm also in (what I like to call) 'lock down savings mode'. Which means I'm saving as much of my money as I can. What might I be saving for I here you ask? Camera stuff for course!! (Really would I be saving for anything else?). Warning photography gear post ahead!

So I thought I'd give you a run down on what I'm saving for:

First I'm saving up for the beloved (and much talked about) Nikon D7000! This camera is so tasty. I swear almost every day I'm reading reviews, watching youTube videos, or re-checking prices. Only a few hundred dollars to save and then this delightful camera will be mine! Here's two of my favorite videos about this beautiful camera:




If Chase Jarvis likes it it's good enough for me! (By the way, I find almost anything Chase Jarvis related absolute GOLD! His thoughts on creativity and advancement are mind blowing)

Of course with a new camera I'd like to get a new lens. It's only natural right? I've got my eye on the Nikkor AF-S 50mm 1.8. The sample images produced from this lens are so bokeh-licious. It will be a wonderful lens for portrait photography. Nothing like a nifty fifty stashed in you camera bag....



And speaking of camera bags I have always liked the idea of a camera bag that looks like a normal handbag. I just didn't like the size or shape of most of them. But I think I've finally found one that would suit me down to a T. The Libby camera bag (in Sapphire please) by Kelly Moore looks like it would be the perfect camera bag for my kit.

Kelly Moore Bag: Libby Bag from kelly clark on Vimeo.


And last but not least lighting. While I love nothing more than natural lighting there are sometimes that you just need the added oomph of a lighting set up. A nice starter lighting kit would be a fantastic addition to a home studio. Something like this would fit the bill quite nicely...



And now that I have made you so bored that you'd like to tear your eyes out I'll end it there. If you read/watched this all the way to the end thanks for hanging in there with me. I'll let you know when I eventually get my hands on all these goodies!

I'd so love to hear from you!! Have you had any experience with any of these products (or something similar)? What's your opinion?

Have a lovely rest of the week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. nice!!...

    I've been lens dreaming lately too!... I'm looking at the 85mm 1.8 nikkor or the 17-50mm 2.8 Tamron....

    of course if money wasn't an issue ....

    xx

    ReplyDelete