Pages

April 28, 2011

Project 365 - Day One Hundred And Fifty-Two

As I said in a previous post I had a wonderful friend come and stay with me for a few days. On day one hundred and fifty-two we decided to venture to the Roma Street Parklands. It was a gorgeous day in such a beautiful setting. If you are ever in Brisbane I suggest a visit.

My favorite part of the gardens on this day (for it changes every time I visit) was this shrub abounding in beautiful little flowers. These little flowers must be a favorite with butterflies too because we saw at least 10 or so. Of course I snapped on my macro lens and started snapping away to try and capture these lovely little insects.

Image taken 25 April 2011

It was splendid! Like a dream and a poem all wrapped up in one. I could have spent hours there (in truth I did hang around for quite a while) just being surrounded by these beautiful little insects. They are simply magnificent!


It was quite hard to get a picture with their wings open (when they land they seem to fold up there wings) but after a bit of perseverance I finally managed to get a decent shot. I have tried to take photos of butterflies before but found they always flew away too fast but the butterflies at the Parklands were most accommodating.

I must find out what these flowers are called so I can plant them in my garden to attracted some beautiful butterflies to my little garden.

Are you a fan of butterflies?

No comments:

Post a Comment