Pages

April 29, 2011

Project 365 - Day One Hundred And Fifty-Six

I love this time of year - I find that natural light takes on an almost magical, super soft quality. It had been a rainy/overcast day and I was worried there wouldn't be a chance to capture this wonderful light. But it cleared up just enough at just the right time to allow me to take some beautiful photos.

So I set of two a couple of locations I had in mind but neither of them looked all that inspiring. As I was aimlessly driving around conscious of my time constraints (I had to get back home in time for the royal wedding!) I noticed this piece of cement pipe sitting in the middle of a field. I quickly pulled over and started snapping.

Image taken 29 April 2011

I like how the pipe acts as a sort of frame. This field was next to a busy road and of course I was taking these photos right in time for the home rush (I'm sure a few motorists were wondering what the crazy woman in the sundress was doing). There were a few almost Marilyn Munro moments - but luckily I kept the skirt under control!

The area and setting was so beautiful I'm going to use the location again for sure -- before it gets gobbled up into an industrial estate! The photo below will give you an idea of the wonderful setting.
I'm desperate to do a few portrait shots in this setting. With the right lighting and set-up it could just be so beautiful. I must confess it was fairly muddy and mushy so I'll have to let the field dry out before I take try to set up those kind of shots.

Until my next post I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment