Pages

May 9, 2011

Project 365 - Day One Hundred And Sixty-Four

Okay confession time... On day one hundred and sixty-four I never even touched my DSLR (oh the horror!)! But this brings me to the news I have been alluding to in my last few posts...

I have had the amazing opportunity to work as a photographer's assistant for a phenomenal professional photographer! It has been a marvelous experience. It's really something else to watch how the pro's really do it. A very different experience to me just taking whatever shots I want it. I am learning SO much through the entire experience - stuff I've never really thought about before. I am loving every moment of it! The photographer is so talented and has been in the industry for years -- I am trying to act like a sponge and absorb as much as possible!

Anyway on day one hundred and sixty-four I was assisting the photographer as she was shooting a wedding! So it was go, go, go in order to capture the beautiful moments of the day. As you can imagine there wasn't really the time (or appropriate) for me to get out my little consumer DSLR to get the shot of the day.

But never fear I had my new HTC Desire HD with me so I quickly snapped a shot at one of the locations.

Image taken 07 May 2011

So I gave it a vintage treatment just to make it look a bit more interesting. I am loving my new phone (slash toy -- I'm a bit of a gadgets geek!). The camera on it is quite amazing. It boasts eight megapixels - that's better than my last 'real' camera! Plus you can try out a heap of different effects if you want to get a different look. It will never replace my DSLR but it's quite handy when I can't lug my DSLR around.

Yep I love my new phone... (did you know I can now blog on the go if I want to?). It's so much fun playing with it and setting it up just the way I want it. Plus it has proven to be an invaluable tool in helping me to get organized (calender, email, text messages, and a heap of other thing all at my finger tips). For more info on the phone click here... And if you're in the market for a new phone I can highly recommend it!

So what's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment