Pages

May 9, 2011

Project 365 - Day One Hundred And Sixty

Wow!! Sorry for the unintended blogger break there folks (almost a whole week... that's despicable). But between a pretty busy week - more on that in an upcoming post - and horrible sinusitis (it feels like a pressure cooker under my face) I have barely had time to load my photos onto my computer let alone anything else... My poor Google reader is filled to bursting!

But right now I want to talk about the weather. The weather is a bit of a topic in my family (and the source of a few well intentioned jokes). Well I was in the city on day one hundred and sixty getting ready to take my shot of the day and it started bucketing down. You can't see it well in the photo but it was a veritable waterfall. I decided to shoot from the hip and try my hand at a bit of street photography.

Image taken 03 May 2011

It was interesting to watch peoples reactions as they sprinted across when the pedestrian light said go. It was bedlam! Anyone would think people were worried they would melt in the rain or something. So it's blurry and soft in focus but that's because everyone was moving so, so fast.

I have noticed that Queenslands (as a vast generalization - though the same may hold true in other areas) tend to complain bitterly when there's been no rain but the minute the first raindrop falls to the Earth there is bitter complaint about how wet it it... The grass is always greener I guess. But then maybe I don't understand because I'm the type of person who loves to wander/dance in the rain (though I couldn't on this occasion because I had my camera kit with me and cameras and water generally don't mix).

What are your feelings about this wonderful wet stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment