Pages

May 28, 2011

Project 365 - Day One Hundred And Eighty-Five

I went for an explore of the local lake - away from everyone else - in order to find a decent backdrop for this week's self-portrait. Once I'd found an uninhabited corner I set about trying to get a decent shot... Of course immediately after I had finished setting up my equipment my little corner got a bit busy and I had some spectators watching me try to leap from behind the camera to in front of it. (I wonder if they were secretly hoping I'd fall into the water?...) But I had fun nevertheless. Once I get into my 'picture zone' I rarely get distracted.

Unfortunately due to my use of flash (I'm still learning how to use my external flash effectively) my dress just looks like a bright white splotch instead of reveling its beautiful pattern. Oh well I'll just chalk it up to experience and know what to do better next time. It's all part of the learning experience.

Image taken 28 May 2011

See that rock I'm standing on? It wasn't nearly as stable as it looks. I was wobbling all over the place. Not the best place for someone who has terrible balance to be standing but I managed to stay upright and not fall in. Unfortunately my remote shutter control wasn't so lucky. Right after this shot it took a little dip. I'm hoping that it has survived swim if I let it dry out a bit. Fingers crossed!

How's your weekend going?

No comments:

Post a Comment