Pages

September 14, 2011

Project 365 - Day Two Hundred And Ninety-One

Spring has sprung here in the Southern Hemisphere. Most people I know rejoice in the fact. I, however, lament it. Heat and I simply don't agree with one another. So most people's Facebook statuses were reveling in the change of season I felt like crying and begging for just a few more days of beautiful cold. Instead I journeyed outside on this bright, sunny, Spring day in search of the change of season.

Image taken 11 September 2011

This was not the original plan for this little photoshoot. I envisioned myself lying amongst these little white flowers - a picture of peace and tranquility. But when I took a closer look at this apparent little patch of perfect it was absolutely swarming with bees!! Not exactly the sort of place where you want to rest your head for a couple of hours.


Instead I broke out my trusty macro lens and set about trying to photograph these busy little bees as they went about their days work. It took me a while to get a picture I was happy with. Those things fly fast I tell you! I would get the focus just right... But by then they were long gone. Finally I managed to get a decent image and as I packed up and headed home I realized I could see some beauty in Spring after all.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment