Pages

November 27, 2010

Project 365 - Day Two

Last night I went to a friend's house for the evening. Aren't friends fantastic? We talked about my Europe trip (a lovely trip down memory lane), shared what was happening in our worlds, considered Christmas gifts (eeepp!!), and discussed all things photography.

I talked about my project 365 and set about taking a few shots around her home. Side note: in all the blog I've read regarding the 365 project that all suggest having your camera with you at all times. So I've taken to bringing my backpack with me wherever I go - a bit of a pain but worth it I'm sure.

Anyway the shot I decided to use was of some of her jewelery - a darling little key placed on top of a sparkling left pendent. I think it turned out okay. What do you think?
Taken 26th November 2010

The things I've discovered about my new macro lens so far (a Tamron 90mm) are: a) when you have it set to auto-focus it can take quite a while to find its focus point - not such a big deal as most macro photography uses manual focus anyway and b) when set to manual focusing the focus ring is extremely touchy - the slightest movement can throw the whole thing off. But I've only had this lens for about two weeks so here's hoping that after much practice I get better at it. It certainly produces some wonderfully clear, sharp, crisp images when I put my mind to it!

Here's today's blind item... Can you tell me what it is?
I hope your Saturday is sensational!

No comments:

Post a Comment