Pages

November 20, 2010

Day Twenty-Eight

So here we are at the last full day of tour... I never thought I would have so much fun in the past 16 days. But tour was simply amazing and to have our last day be in Paris was simply the icing on the cake.

The day started slightly eventfully and I lost my travel buddy for the day. Mum was feeling rather sick and sore so she decided to spend the day in the hotel. But don't worry - she'd be heading back to Paris in a couple of weeks so she wouldn't be missing out.

We headed out just as the sun was beginning to light the sky. The bus took us on a tour of all the main points of Paris... Including the Eiffel Tower!! Here are a couple of photos of the morning's adventure. I took many many photos during the morning so I decided to share my favorites.

After the driving tour of Paris we headed to the Eiffel Tower to take in the views from the top. I am so glad than when the Tower was built the elevator had just been invented because I would have hated to walk up all those stairs.

I got some great photos from the top but nothing spectacular. As our guide rightly pointed out when you're on the Eiffel Tower you're cutting out one of the main things that makes the Paris skyline unique.

We headed down the Tower and made our way to the Champs-Elysees. It was quite a sight. I was meant to go with some of the group of the Palace of Versaille but I decided to hang out the Champs-Elysees instead. Why? I just needed a break. I'm sure the Palace was lovely but I was still fighting a cold. So I elected to enjoy the yummiest lunch with some of my amazing tour companions. Seriously some of the best food, conversation, and company. It was wonderful.

After a luxurious lunch I walked up to the Arc de Triomphe. I managed to get a decent enough photo. I would have loved to take a better one. In my mind's eye I set up an awesome shot. The only problem is that the shot I wanted would have meant setting myself up in the middle of a extremely busy street. So I elected to go for the safer option.

That night most of the group went to the Moulin Rouge but mum and I decided not to do that option. Part of me wished I had gone - it would have been nice to hand out with my friends on the last night - but on the other hand I wanted to rest up so I'd be ready to tackle London. So instead mum and I had Chinese food in our hotel room (is that completely wrong to have chinese food in the capital of France?). It was a lovely end to a wonderful tour.

Paris was lovely. Stupendous and wonderful and beautiful. I loved it! Sure it's a tourist town but hey I am a tourist. It provided a plethora of photo opportunity and historical monuments on every corner. I would love to go back. It is defiantly worth another visit. Next time I go I'd love to spend a couple of days simply wandering around the city discovering its hidden gems.

Next we say goodbye to the group (Boo!!) and hello to London (Yay!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment