Pages

August 26, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...

...Sometimes you're just stuck with lemons for a while.

Undoubtedly you will find sweetness and pure water soon enough.
Lemonade will eventuate in it's own sweet time. But for the moment - just for a little while all you've got is lemons.

It is okay to feel the burn and the sting. It's okay to yearn for some sugar to compensate for the bitter tang. For some clear, clean water to dilute the overwhelming taste.

But there are lemons sure and true. Don't underestimate the power of the lemon though. A lemon can cleanse and refresh the palate so you can be ready for something new. The tangy, bitter bite can spur you on to make the big decisions and take decisive action.

Hold on to the gossamer hope that there will be sweetness in the end.

But right here, right now, at this very moment, there are lemons and you despise them.


Image found here.

Untitled
~ by Tafline

Sleep comes not easy to my weary soul tonight
My heart is screaming its lament
Just begging to be heard


In the deepest, darkest places doubt begins to grow
That nagging, sinister feeling that I won't make it
That I don't belong
The near silent whisper in my ear rasping
'You're not good enough
Not smart enough
Not pretty enough
Not even worth a cent'


Then in the stillness I gently hear
'Stand strong little soldier
There are battles yet to fight
But there is joy in the quiet place
And peace to find your rest'


I roll my shoulders back
Ready to fight and hold my ground
But in the battlefield of the mind
Is akin to guerrilla warfare
Sometimes taking me unawares


Best be on constant guard then
Always at the ready
To take on whatever may come my way


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd love any feedback on my poetry as I'm always trying to perfect the art
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that your day is filled with light and hope, wisdom and truth... and with as little lemon juice as possible. Take care of yourselves, my dear readers, whoever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment