Pages

August 11, 2010

Quote of the Week

I love quotes, don't you? I find that sometimes what you want to say is best said by someone else. So I've decided to start up a 'Quote of the Week' post. This week comes via a fantastic friend of mine who knows my obsession with quotes

"There is no nobler profession, nor no greater calling, than to be among those unheraled many who gave and give their lives to the preservation of human knowledge, passed with commitment and care from one generation to the next" ~ Laurence Overmire

Don't know who Laurence Overmire is? Take a look at his biography here. He is a poet, author, actor and director.

I particularly like quotes about knowledge, art, creativity and individuality. But I am always on the look out for quotes that just resonate with my spirit and sum up my feelings on any particular subject.

Are there any particular quotes that make you go "That's it. That's what I want to say"? Care to share?

1 comment:

  1. "Too often we feel we're invisible unless we're making the cool comment, doing this or doing that. But we're so much more powerful when surrounded by silence. Taking a deep breath, knowing that what you don't say can be as powerful as what you do say, thinking deeply about something before making a response-such actions leave room for the spirit to flow, to harmonize your circumstances and move them in a more positive direction."
    -Marianne Williamson

    ReplyDelete