Pages

August 13, 2010

Music That Moves Me

I'm loving a Australian band for this week's Music That Moves Me. Funnily enough this isn't a surge of national pride - I didn't even know they were Australian's til about 5 min ago. What's more they're from Queensland (my home state) so they must be good!

It is my pleasure to introduce The Middle East. Side note: I have no earthly idea why they chose that as a band name - seems slightly odd to say the least (maybe familial connection to the region? Maybe because it sounded cool? I just don't know) . If you happen to know please fill me in. I'm dying to find out!!

Now they don't have that much music out there - just an EP listed on iTunes at the moment. But I'm hoping they release a full length CD soon because I simply love their sound.

Here's the official clip for their song entitled 'Blood'



Simply beautiful music. There is something completely enthralling about their sounds

Someone on YouTube used The Middle East song called 'Lonely' for a school project - it's actually okay plus it's has the best sound quality for the song. Take a look.



Aren't they just wonderful? I find it the perfect musical accompaniment to laying back a letting your mind wander. If you like The Middle East make sure to take a look at their MySpace as well.

What music are you listening to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment