Pages

September 15, 2010

Quote of the Week

I do so love it when there is some concept, thought or idea that I wish to relay to find someone before me has said it better. This week's quote of the week is by the fantastic C.S. Lewis

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become."

Now you may not be the biggest fan of his ideas or beliefs but you have to respect the quality of a fantastic quote. It perfectly sums up the way I feel about literature in an extremely eloquent way. That's what I look for in a quote - something that challenges or inspire me, something that reminds me of the things I hold true, something that warms my heart and lifts my spirit.

What's your quote of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment