That's right in 12 short days I will start an adventure I have been dreaming about for 18 or so years. It's a big tick on the 'Life: To Do List'.
I have been trying not to think about it too much (a failing quite frankly) in a desperate attempt to keep my mind on my studies. I've almost done it too - a few more hundred words and I will have completed all the essays for this semester.
But I am now face-to-face with the unavoidable truth - in less than a fortnight I will be heading overseas. Wherever is am I gallivanting to I hear you wonder. Well, here it is. The outline of the BIG adventure.
- Land in Newcastle via Dubai
- Where we pick up the hire car
- Do a self directed driving tour of Scotland and Britain (more on that in a later post)
- To London to meet up with the tour
Tour takes us to:
- Back to London
- Spend a few more days in London exploring then off to Heathrow to start the long journey home
I am starting to get really excited!!! I can't wait to take photos of...well...everything!! I have a feeling I'm going to love every second of it.
But before I go I have got to:
- finish two assignments (!!)
- celebrate my birthday (Yippee)
- attend a going away party for my best friend (seriously the saddest thing. I am so so happy for her and proud of her for landing such a great job. But I am going to miss her like crazy. The selfish part of me is devastated she's leaving - the person I can talk to honestly about anything - but I know that she is going to do amazing things. Besides that's what Skype, email and Facebook is for.)
- go to a wedding (Woohoo!!)
- finish all the last minute things I've forgotten
I am nervous, excited, slightly stressed, sad and a whole bunch of other emotions. I'm slowly becoming a ball of mixed emotions. This will be the fruition of much planning, dreaming and saving that has been in the works for 2 years.
Anyway, the purpose of this post is one of WARNING! In 12 days this blog will become a travel blog of sorts with pictures, funny or not so funny experiences, thoughts and feelings on any given place or situation. I will endeavor to keep up with my regular posts but the time change will probably confuse me no end.
I do so hope you join me on my journey and offer comments along the way. Please stick with me through this slight aberration. I just think this experience will be too wonderful not to share. Be brave - try something out of the ordinary.
May the rest of your week be amazing!!
Image found here... Yahoo!!! I'm going to be there soon.