Pages

October 8, 2010

Day Eight

Time to explore the lake district - because we only had a day we decided to do a highly comprehensive driving tour (which should have taken two days according to the guide book). It was such beautiful country with cascading waterfalls and wild running rivers.


The road was one lane way in parts with trucks coming towards us. Needless to say this was hair raising in parts and I got very equated with the rock walls... I was slightly terrified in places but it was heaps of fun!!


There were bridges made of stone dotting the countryside. With lovely little churches that are simply amazing!


Because I am so in love with the countryside I thought I'd share a few more photos...



I am having a blast taking photos and attempting to capture the beauty all around me. It's been an experience learning more and more about my camera and composition techniques. I am falling more and more in love with the art of photography. It has been bringing me such joy.


At the end of the journey I got to do something magical!!! I got to go and visit Dove Cottage where William Wordsworth lived. I got to see the chair where he composed 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud'!! That might not seem like much to you but as a lover and student of literature it was amazing. It was amazing!!


Next we travel to the cotswolds via Chatsworth House...

No comments:

Post a Comment