Pages

January 9, 2010

Uni Starts soon

Guys I just HAD to tell you... It's only a month away til I'm back at uni...


And I COULDN'T be more excited!!!!!

This week I got my uni timetable and all my set reading materials. My textbooks are all so interesting... I started reading them the minute I got home.

My units this semester are going to be amazing - Speculative Literature and Romantic and Gothic Literature. Both are going to be so challenging, exciting and stimulating.

SPECULATIVE LITERATURE is going to be a fantastic subject but a hard one. There are 7 prescribed texts for this class including:
1. The complete Lord of the Rings
2. Fahrenheit 451
3. Neuromancer
4. 1984
5. Brave New World
6. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
7. And a book of our choice

I think this is going to be one of my favorite subjects of my degree. I simply love reading fantasy and si-fi! It's probably my favorite gene to read. So I'm really excited to be actually studying the gene and trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes. I;m jumping out of my skin!! I can't wait to dig into the subject matter... I can't believe that I have to wait a whole month til I can get stuck in as it were.

GOTHIC AND ROMANTIC LITERATURE
This subject just has one textbook. A rather LARGE subject... But it deals with the period of the romantics... Wollstonecraft, Wordsworth, Keats, Lord Byron, Shelley, Coleridge, Blake... All the greats!! It makes me so completely happy knowing that I can submerge myself into such great works of Literature

This year is going to be a FANTASTIC year!!! I'm going to be studying some truly amazing subjects, I am starting to work closer to home, I am working more to my strengths in my work at church and MOST happily of all I'm going to Europe in September!!! I simply can not wait... I'll post later about all the info about my trip

So this year I intend to write more, paint more, read more, use my camera more and more importantly I intend to LOVE more...

What's your year shaping up to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment