Pages

January 9, 2010

Bright Star--Simply Stunning

My best friend and I went to see "Bright Star". It was simply hauntingly, gut-wrenchingly and utterly sublime. I was overwhelmed. My breath was literally taken away by this film. Image from http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/movies/Bright_Star_Trailer.php

I have always been a HUGE fan of Keats but this film has turned me towards obsession. I simply loved how his poetry was woven seamlessly into and through-out the film.

As with all my favorite period authors it doesn't necessarily end happily yet that added such an edge to his poetry. I was crying throughout the film - hearing his poetry actually spoken out is so different to just reading it. This film was absolutely outstanding. I especially enjoyed it given that I am going to be studying the Romantics in particular John Keats - this made the ideology of the Romantics truly come alive. It was amazing!!

Image from http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/2009/09/tys_movie_picks_57.html

The cinematography was stunning. In short this movie was simply spectacular. I encourage you to go see it! And if you have seen it, what did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous! I'm dying to see this movie...I have been a Keats fan since doing an assignment on his work in high school.

    ReplyDelete