Pages

December 31, 2011

I Went Wide...

A few days ago I got up early to go photograph the sunrise. Well, more accurately I couldn't get to sleep so I decided to do something with my time. So I packed up my stuff intent on doing my last sunrise photoshoot of 2011. However what I neglected to do was to check the weather forecast.

Such a mistake!! Note to self: always check the weather before you head out to photograph outside. So instead of witnessing and capturing a beautiful sunrise to bid farewell to 2011 I was greeted by a soupy, cloudy sky that gradually got a bit of light injected into it. Don't even get me started on the rain bucketing down. Not exactly the spectacular sunrise I was hoping for.

The journey wasn't I complete waste however. I had arrived a few hours before sunrise and I managed to capture a few long exposure photographs. The rain even let up slightly. So armed with my camera, tripod and trusty umbrella I set about salvaging what I could from this little expedition.


My ultra wide angle lens stayed on my camera for the most part. As you can see from the spots on the above photo my lens got a bit of rain on it. But I decided to just roll with it. I just love the perspective it can give. This lens (for me anyway) seems to really lend itself to landscape photography. Especially if I remember the 'rule' that it's better to get really close to whatever is in the foreground.


I love the tones in the above photo. It seems like a lovely layer cake of color. Sure there are shadows and such but I think it adds depth to the photo.


Even though I didn't get the spectacular sunrise that I originally wanted it still turned out to be a worthwhile trip. Anytime I manage to capture a lovely photo it's a worthwhile trip in my opinion. After all there will always be another sunrise...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment