Pages

July 21, 2010

I'm going to do it

I've decided I'm going to take the plunge...

I'm going to buy a HOLGA camera.

Why you may ask since I own a beautiful DSLR at my finger tips?

Well just look at some of the pictures you can get from it...
I am fascinated by the idea of film. I love it that Holga pictures are unpredictable with weird lighting effects, differing results, vignettes, blur and other distortions.

They are made completely out of plastic - lenses included. The idea of film has a slightly romantic, nostalgic feeling and I'd love to give it a go to see how it turns out. Holga's seem like the perfect accompaniment for my foray into film as they're inexpensive and the pictures are meant to be unusual. You can't go wrong!

Now the big question... Which one should I get?

Anyone out there own a Holga? If so, what do you think of it?

What's on your 'must have list'?

No comments:

Post a Comment