Pages

August 30, 2012

Stuff Your Eyes With Wonder..

A while ago a friend and I headed out to take a few photos of the sun fading from the sky and stare in wonderment at the stars above. We managed to find a spot not too far from my place that seemed like the perfect location with very little light pollution. A spot I'll be coming back to I'm sure. Here are my three favorite photos from our little adventure.


 Standing out there in the cold beholding the beauty of the stars shining bright and true I couldn't help but think of Ray Bradbury's thoughts in Fahrenheit 451:

"Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories."

 

I've got to say after sitting in that spot for a few hours gazing at the stars above I felt as if I managed to stuff my eyes with the wonder of the world. All in all it was a wonderful way to spend a few hours... But next time I'll be bringing a thermos of hot chocolate!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment